Long distance footpaths around Green Bottom
Green Bottom is an ideal situation ot only for walks immediately from the house but there are also a number of long-distance footpaths within easy reach:
- Daffodil Way
- is north of Green Bottom, crossing the M50 motorway, some 8.5 miles away.
- Gloucestershire Way
- joins the Wysis way at May Hill village which is about 4 miles north east of Green Bottom
- Herefordshire Trail
- passes through Ross-on-Wye, 8 miles from Green Bottom.
- Offa's Dyke Path
- is on the east side of the river Wye from Chepstow to Monmouth: at Monmouth (10 miles) it departs from the river
- Severn Way
- This runs along the east bank of the Severn, Nearest bridge across the Severn is in Gloucester, about 14 miles away. At Gloucester the Severn way and the Wysis way cross each other.
- Severn Way (west)
- Not a named long distance footpath, but most of the west bank of the Severn has a footpath alongside. From Green Bottom, the west bank is less than 2½ miles by footpath from Green Bottom.
- Wye Valley Walk
- Whereas Offa's Dyke is on the east of the lower Wye, the Wye Valley walk is on the west side. This may be joined at Ross-on-Wye (8 miles) or Monmouth (10 miles)
- Wysis Way
- this passes about 1 mile north of Green Bottom, so is easily joined on foot
Of course there are other paths easily reached: Jubilee Way, Three Castles Walk and the Cotswold Way.
Look at the index to the Ordnance Survey Explorer maps (on the back of a local Explorer) and you will see
are all areas close by.
Top of page
Document URI: walks.torrens.org/fod/FootPaths.html
Page first published: 6th July 2009
Last modified: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 16:31:35 GMT
Written by and © Richard Torrens.